Bacon Mashed Potatoes-Eating Well
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 points plus
Per serving: 140 calories; 4 g fat ( 2 g sat , 1 g mono ); 12 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 391 mg sodium; 587 mg potassium.
- 1 pound new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Crumble when cool enough to handle.
Mash the potatoes, milk (or buttermilk), salt and pepper with a potato masher until the liquid is incorporated but some chunks of potato still remain. Fold in sour cream, scallions and the crumbled bacon.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Citrus Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek-Style Shrimp Sauté 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Crumb Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon with Fruit... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Balsamic Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Wrapped Dates 0/5 (0 Votes)