Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Roasted garlic combines with sharp parmesan to make regular mashed potatoes simply irresistible!
- 8 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- large pot of water
- 5 cloves garlic, roasted and mashed *see note
- 1/2 to 3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt (to replace butter)
- 1/4 to 1/2 C milk or reserved potato water
- Salt & Pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Boil the potatoes until they are "fork soft", about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the water, if you reserving some now is the time to do it. Take your potato masher or hand held mixer and start to break up the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until the potatoes are smooth. Serve hot.
*To roast the garlic, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Peel the cloves and place them in a small section of foil with 1 tsp olive oil and close into a "pakcage". Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cloves are light brown.