Banana & Peanut Butter Flaxseed Cookies (CE)
If Elvis had a signature cookie, this would be it! Not only will they satisfy your peanut butter and banana cravings, they’re also packed with omega-3-rich flaxseeds.
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.
Nutrients per cookie: Calories: 115, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 80 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
You'll also love
- VENISON MARINADE RECIPES 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- No Bake Pineapple Cream Pie 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Limoncello Sorbet 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Candied Popcorn 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Trifle 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Apricot Oat Bars 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Banana Split Brownie Pie 4.6/5 (17 Votes)