Garlic & Olive Bruschetta
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 8 oz crusty batard load
- 2 tbsp chopped black olives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel away outer layers of garlic head, leaving individual cloves intact.
3. Cut off a 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of each section, exposing the cloves.
4. Place the garlic head in a small baking dish or ramekin.
5. Drizzle w/ 1 tsp olive oil rubbing with fingers to coat well.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30-35 minutes until cloves are tender.
7. Let cool until they can be handled.
8. Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves from their skins.
9. Mash garlic with a fork and 1 tsp olive oil and stir to make a paste.
10. Preheat broiler.
11. Slice bread diagonally into 8 slices and place on a baking sheet.
12. Broil about 2 minutes on each side, just until lightly toasted.
13. Spread garlic pasted on each slice of bread,top with olives and sprinkle with rosemary.