Curry Chicken Burgers
The Counter Cafe curry chicken is good which ever way you decide to have it on a bun or in a salad it will satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Begin by peeling your red onion. Remove the skin and cut off the remaining root. Chop up your red onion into small pieces and set aside. Take your jalapeno and remove the stem with a knife and slice in half. If you like spicy, keep all the seeds, if not, then now's the time to remove them as well as the veins. Place aside. Take your garlic cloves, peel them and put aside.
Now take your chicken thighs. After washing the chicken and removing any unwanted fat, you're now ready to grind the meat, using a meat grinder, grinder attachment or food processor. Place a mixing bowl underneath the grinder to catch the ground meat. While placing the thighs into the grinder, stagger in your jalapeño and garlic cloves so they mix in with the ground chicken thigh. Or if you're using a food processor, just place all the items into the processor and pulse until the ingredients are incorporated and place into a mixing bowl.
Add the honey, crushed red pepper, curry powder, salt and black pepper and mix until fully incorporated.
Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat with the veggie oil. While the skillet is heating, patty your burgers into 6-ounce patties, and then place in the skillet. Cook each burger 6 to 8 minutes on each side, making sure that each burger is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Now you're ready to dress it up however you like. On a bun, atop a salad or broken up to make chicken salad. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
You'll also love
- Homemade Pepper Steak Pie 4.1/5 (58 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Veggie Samosas - Easy Snacks to... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Bierocks - Old Fashioned Volga... 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Japanese Chicken Curry 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Yellow Curry Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Fragrant Prawn, Crab & Salmon Thai... 4/5 (12 Votes)