Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing
This Pennsylvania Dutch Hot Bacon Dressing is to die for on bitter greens, baby greens, or broccoli raab. Savory, sweet, and tart.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cut bacon into pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from drippings.
Mix together beaten egg, vinegar, sugar and water. Stir until blended. Pour into pan with bacon drippings and cook over med-high.
Mix cornstarch with small amount of water to form a slurry.
Stir into hot mixture and stir until thickened.
Pour over lettuce, endive, cooked broccoli raab, steamed escarole or spinach, Asian greens, or baby salad greens.
Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes and garnish with the bacon bits. Chopped hard cooked eggs can be added, if desired.
Alton Brown's Bacon Dressing-
3 tablespoon bacon fat
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
You'll also love
- Sausage Crescent Roll Pinwheels 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Quick Coconut Pie Makes It's Own... 3.8/5 (87 Votes)
- One Skillet Chicken with Lemon... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- French-Style Pot-Roasted Pork Loin 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Oven Fried Boneless Pork Chops 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)