Arepas with Corn and Pulled Pork
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Niblets® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pulled pork
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Lime wedges, if desired
In medium bowl, mix cornbread mix, Monterey Jack cheese, melted butter and milk until well blended. Stir in 1/3 cup of the corn; reserve remaining corn.
To make arepas, heat 12-inch heavy skillet or electric griddle on medium-high heat. Shape cornbread mixture into small patties, about 2 inches in diameter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown.
To serve, place 1 arepa on plate; top with about 1/4 cup pulled pork, 3 tablespoons reserved corn and 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with lime wedge