The light batter and zesty fresh lemon make this favorite chicken recipe really tasty and a pleasure to eat.
- For the Chicken
- 2 large chicken breat fillets (approx. 3/4 pound total weight), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 thinly sliced scallions, to serve
- For the Sauce
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice, (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Put the chicken in a bowl and toss with the soy sauce. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
To make the sauce, whisk together the lemon zest and juice with the sugar, water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened, then keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Whisk together the egg yolk and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a batter. Toss the chicken in the batter and fry for three to four minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and spoon the warm lemon sauce over the chicken. Scatter the scallions over the dish before serving.
You'll also love
- Bierocks - Old Fashioned Volga... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Extra Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Best Ever Blueberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Refreshing Mint and Lime Sparkler 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (31 Votes)