Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 8 cups plain popcorn (we use air-popped popcorn)
- Fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.
2. Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it’s all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
We used air-popped popcorn, but you can use microwave popcorn or stove top popcorn. If you can’t find Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, you can chop up regular Peanut Butter Cups.