Hot Dogs with Black Beans and Sauerkraut
- 8 hot dogs
- Frank’s Kraut
- Your favorite bun or flat bread
- For the Black Beans
- 19 oz can black beans – drained
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley – chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeño – diced with or without seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 -3 tbs. olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a medium sized frying pan with olive oil. Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes and jalapeño and sauté until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
Add the beans, parsley and the seasonings and sauté until the beans are heated.
Heat the Frank's Kraut in a saucepot.
Cook the hot dogs as desired; grilled or boiled.
Plate the flat bread topped with Frank’sKraut next the beans and finally the hot dog. Garnish with mustard or your favorite condiment.