- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- . . COATING ON COOKIE DOUGH .
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- zest of 3 lemons
Adapted from chef-in-training.com
To make coating for cookie dough: Mash zest and sugar together with a fork to create lemon sugar.
To make cookies: Start by browning butter. Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter in a skillet over medium heat, stir continually until butter starts to foam and is light golden brown. Immediately remove from heat and add remaining 1/2 stick of butter to pan and set aside to cool.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and lemon zest and mix on low speed until well combined.
Add brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients together on lowest speed just until combined.
Add cooled butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix again just until combined.
Scoop out two tablespoons of dough and form into a ball. Roll balls in lemon sugar mixture to coat and place on cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie dough balls slightly by using the back of a measuring cup.
Bake for about 7 minutes and let cool. They are best slightly underdone. When they come out of the oven, the middle should fall in just a little and the cookie should crackle as it settles.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)