Pasta with White Beans, Roasted Cauliflower, & Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs
Inexpensive pantry staples come together in this delicious & healthy pasta dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch thick slabs
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces and pulsed in a food processor until coarse crumbs form (about 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat the cauliflower slabs with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out in an even layer on a baking sheet; roast until browned and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions (preferably to al dente); drain.
While the pasta is cooking, add homemade breadcrumbs to a dry skillet set over medium heat. Toast, stirring often, until crisp and golden-brown, about 4-5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds; remove skillet from heat. Add the toasted breadcrumbs to the skillet and toss until coated with the garlic olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
Toss the beans, toasted garlic breadcrumbs, and remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil with the hot drained pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve on top of the roasted cauliflower.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Bars 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Deep-Fried Turkey 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Broccoli,... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Panera Bread's Spinach Artichoke... 3.8/5 (209 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Tortellini-Vegetable Bake 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Simple Refried Beans 4.6/5 (18 Votes)