Linguine with Picante Sauce
- 8 ounces linguine1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces finely shredded Colby Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 16mins
Cooking time 38mins
1Cook pasta using package directions; drain. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Cover to keep warm.
.2Chop onion coarsely. Mince garlic. Drain and rinse black beans.
.3Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and mix well. Sauté until onion is tender.
.4Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cover.
.5Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes; remove cover. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, until of the desired consistency, about 5 minutes. Place hot cooked pasta on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Colby Jack. Top with cilantro.