Chocolate Buttercream Cherry Candies
Maraschino cherries wrapped in a buttercream mixture are dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with dark chocolate.
- WHITE CHIP COATING:
- 48 48 48 maraschino cherries, with stems, well drained
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, softened
- 2 2 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 to 2 1 to 2 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 2 2 cups (12-ounce) package HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
- 2 2 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE:
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, oil or spreads)
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 220mins
Cover tray with wax paper. Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until well blended; stir in vanilla and almond extract. If necessary, add remaining milk, one teaspoonful at a time, until mixture will hold together but is not wet.
Mold scant teaspoonful mixture around each cherry, covering completely; place on prepared tray. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
White chip coating:
Place 2 cups HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If mixture thickens while coating, microwave at MEDIUM for 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
Holding each cherry by stem, dip into coating. Place on tray; refrigerate until firm.
Chocolate chip drizzle:
Prepare about 1 hour before serving; place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, oil or spreads) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
With tines of fork, drizzle randomly over candies. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm. Store in refrigerator. About 4 dozen candies.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Coconut Cake with Raspberry Filling 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- Classic Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Apple & cherry strudel 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Holly Fudge 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge 4.6/5 (40 Votes)