Portabello And Bacon Quiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 pieces bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 package sliced portabello caps - (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory (optional)
- 1 prebaked 9" pie crust
- 3/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and bacon, and continue to sauté until the mushrooms become very limp and any liquid is evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes. Salt to taste.
Combine the milk, cream, eggs, and savory. Spread the mushroom-bacon mixture evenly over the bottom of the crust. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. Cover with the egg mixture.
Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes more. Check for doneness by piercing with a fork, which should come out clean. Let rest for 15 minutes, or cool to room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (229 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)