Lemon Drop Martini Cupcakes
- For the vanilla lemon cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- For the vodka lemon frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon vodka
Adapted from cupofsugarpinchofsalt.com
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard sized muffin pan with liners.
In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon peel and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick). Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
To make the frosting, cream butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and vodka; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes and garnish.