Mango Tempeh Stir-fry
Slightly sweet and full of veggies this hearty stir-fry really is a meal in itself. You can use the sauce on other dishes if you want to make double.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 medium mango
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- main ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or other veggie oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or green bell pepper
- 2 ribs celery cut thin on the diagonal
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 8 ounces tempeh, cubed
- 1/2 mango thinly sliced
- cooked rice, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for later.
Heat the oil over medium heat and once hot add the onions and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, bell pepper and celery then saute 5 minutes more.
Add in the broccoli and tempeh and saute until the broccoli is tender and the tempeh is heated through.
Mix in the sliced mango and sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens stirring to make sure it cooks evenly.
Serve over cooked brown rice.