Cauliflower With Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash freshly-ground white pepper (black will speckle sauce, but won't affect the flavor)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded process cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley for garnish if desired
Rinse and remove leaves from cauliflower. Place whole head in a small amount of boiling salted water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain thoroughly. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook fresh mushrooms in butter until tender. Blend in flower, salt and pepper. Add evaporated milk all at once. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbling. Stir in cheese and mustard. Heat until cheese melts.
Place warm cauliflower on platter. Spoon some of sauce over it. Sprinkle with parsley. Pass remaining sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)