Corn and Bacon Chowder
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (use turkey bacon if you want to cut back on calories)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups whole corn kernels
- 1/4 cup light cream or half-and-half
- salt to taste
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain.
Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and the potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the corn; simmer 5 minutes longer. Season with salt. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a food processor or blender; puree. Pour back into the saucepan; stir in the cream and heat to serving temperature. Serve, topped with the bacon pieces.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.5/5 (227 Votes)