Green Tomato Fritters
- 1 pound(s) (about 4) green tomatoes, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 cup(s) chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup(s) rice flour
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 3 cup(s) vegetable oil, for frying
In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients plus 2 teaspoons salt. Divide mixture into 16 patties, using your palm to gently flatten.
In a heavy 2-quart pot fitted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. Working in batches of 4, fry fritters until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.