Coconut Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp agave (or maple syrup or honey)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 1/2 bananas worth)
Adapted from preventionrd.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-x-5-x-3 inch loaf pan, set aside.
Place all dry ingredients (reserving 2 tablespoons of coconut) in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
In a small bowl, mash banana until no large chunks remain and add the egg, egg substitute, butter, applesauce, and agave. Add to bowl with other ingredients. Stir to combine, not over-mixing.
Spoon into prepared pan and top with reserved 2 tablespoons coconut. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack and wrap tightly to store.