Country style chicken, corn, and lima bean child with basil
- 1 teaspoon Corn oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- one medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or one 10 ounce package frozen corn kernels defrosted but not cooked
- One large yellow boiling potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh lima beans or one 10 ounce package frozen lima beans, defrosted but not cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
heat the oil in a heavy for what source hand over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring, until the chicken has turned white, and is just beginning to brown, about 5 min. Remove the chicken from the saucepan. Set aside.
Add the onion to the saucepan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until onion begins to soften, 2 to 3 min. Stir in corn, potato, and chicken pieces; add the broth and bring to a boil. Partially cover the saucepan, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until the potato is tender, about 15 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the lima beans and cook until they are tender and heated through, about 5 min. longer. Stir in basil and serve.