Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) best-quality tuna packed in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 4 small ciabatta rolls, split horizontally
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves split horizonatally
- 1 1/2 cups nicoise olives, pitted
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
Cooking time 20mins
Put onions, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; season with pepper. Toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
Add tuna and its oil to onion mixture. Add lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Gently toss to combine.
Cover bottom halves of rolls with lettuce. Top with olives, eggs, and tuna mixture, dividing evenly. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover with top halves of rolls. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: Because tuna is the star ingredient in this sandwich, it's worth buying oil-packed tuna in a jar, which has a higher quality and finer flavor than the canned variety.
You'll also love
- Barbecue Potato Chip Crunch Dogs 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- American Macaroni Salad 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Angel Hair with Shrimp and... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon and Shrimp Fettuccine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked White Fish 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Southwest Tuna-Vegetable Salad 4.8/5 (6 Votes)