Outer Banks Fresh Tuna Salad
Cooking Method: Steam
Geraldine's notes for this recipe:
This recipe was given to me by my brother, Jerry, who lives in the Outer Banks in North Carolina. His seafood dishes are to die for, and this one will have you lining up! It makes about 4 lbs. and last up to seven day. It is my number one request to take to a party. Fresh Tuna and Capers makes this an outstanding dish for any get together. After having this wonderful dish you will never eat canned tuna again!
Comments from the Test Kitchen:
One bite of this tuna, and you'll never want to eat tuna from the can again! This would be a perfect choice to serve at your next party... or most any time!
- 2 lb fresh tuna, steamed well done
- 16 oz sweet salad cubes, drained
- 1/2 c finely chopped onions
- 1/2 c finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 3/4 c mayonnaise ( i use dukes)
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained
Preparation time 60mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
1. Flake Tuna and mix well using your hands with all ingredients.
Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.