Quinoa - Garlic Mushroom
- 1cup1 cup quinoa
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5cloves5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Adapted from damndelicious.net
In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in quinoa until well combined.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.