Melty Mushroom-Swiss Grilled Cheese
Entire recipe: 240 calories, 9g fat, 750mg sodium, 26g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*
This grilled cheese is 1. fancy, 2. schmancy, and 3. INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! What more could you ask for?!
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 slices light bread
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 slice 2% milk Swiss cheese
- 2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and onion until softened and browned, 6 - 8 minutes.
Lay bread slices flat and spread both with the cheese wedge. Top one slice with the cheese slice and cooked veggies. Top with the other bread slice, cheesy side down. Spread the top of the sandwich with 1 tsp. butter.
Remove the skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium-high heat. Place sandwich in the skillet, buttered side down. Spread the top with remaining 1 tsp. butter.
Cook until bread is lightly browned and cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side, flipping carefully. Dig in!
MAKES 1 SERVING
You'll also love
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake with... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Crepe Cake 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Jacques Pepin's Beef Stew in Red... 3.9/5 (92 Votes)
Review this recipe