Mexican Rice with Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 serving of Butter, salted (1 tbsp)
- 1 serving of Vegetable oil, canola (1 tbsp)
- 0.3 servings of Onions, spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw (1 cup, chopped)
- 4 servings of Garlic, raw (1 clove)
- 1 serving of Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average (1 plum tomato)
- 6 servings of Rice, white, long-grain, parboiled, enriched, cooked (1 cup)
- 3 servings of Chicken Broth
- 1 serving of Salt, table (1 tsp)
Adapted from dailyburn.com
Melt butter and oil, saute onions, garlic until translucent. Add Rice and stir until rice slightly browns. Add chicken broth and salt to taste. About 5 minutes efore rice is done add tomatoes.
Fluff with a fork and serving warm. Enjoy.