Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Cake
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup baked mashed sweet potato (or canned equivalent)
- 4 large eggs
Generously grease and flour a 9" x 13" cake pan; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, pumpkin, sweet potato and oil. Add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
Pour batter into the greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Test for doneness with knife or toothpick before removing. When done, Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
Ice with 1 package of softened (room temperature) cream cheese mixed with 1/2 can pumpkin or sweet potato puree.
You'll also love
- Paleo SWEET POTATO CAKE WITH PALEO... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Mussels a la Portuguese 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Capellini Cake with Caramelized... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sides - Eggplant Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tacos & Radish Salsa with... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Koosa Mahshi (Syrian Stuffed... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ground Turkey with Potatoes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin 5/5 (1 Votes)