Southern-Style Baby Lima Beans
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 T butter
- 2 lbs. frozen baby lima beans
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
Place water, bouillon cubes and butter in a 4-quart pot with lid. Cover, place over high heat and bring liquid to a boil. Remove lid and add frozen lima beans. Re-cover and bring back to a boil, about 5 minutes.
Uncover pot, reduce heat to medium high and maintain a moderate boil for 20 minutes, until beans are tender and most of liquid has evaporated, Stir frequently. If liquid evaporates too quickly, add additional water, 1/2 cup at a time, until the full 20 minutes has elapsed.
Maintain water level just below beans' surface so beans don't burn. Season with the black pepper, and serve.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti - Kitchen Boss 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Adobo-Seasoned Baked... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Pear, Cranberry &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- PAPAYA & SHRIMP SALAD WITH CURRY... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Lentil Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- One Pot Brazilian Chickpeas & Rice 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Lima Bean Soup Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)