Pork And Chanterelles With Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup French bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 one-inch-thick pork chops
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon mild vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound chanterelles* chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom, Shaggy Parasol Mushroom
Mix together the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and parsley. Trim the fat from the chops. Dip the chops in the egg and then in the Parmesan cheese mixture. Brown on both sides. Place the chops in a baking dish.
Heat the oil and butter in a sauté pan or skillet. Cook the chanterelles for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and cook 7 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the mushrooms and sauce over the chops in the baking dish. Add the vermouth. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until tender, about 1 hour.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (678 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)