Orzo With Mushrooms, Snow Peas, And Pine Nuts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 pound clamshell mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas trimmed, cleaned, and sliced julienne style
- 3/4 cup toasted pignola nuts
- 1 pound orzo cooked in boiling
- water until tender
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the shallots. When the shallots start to wilt, add the mushrooms and sauté until brown. Add the snow peas and cook for about one minute. Add the pignola nuts. Add the cooked mixture to the cooked orzo with the tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields ?? servings.