Penne con Salmone, Piselli e Panna
This is one of those dishes that had everyone not only licking their own bowls, but the serving bowl as well! This is great dish to make on Good Friday.
- 1 pound salmon filet, skinned and cubed into bite-size pieces (500 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (14 ounces) cream cheese (400 g)
- 7 ounces grano padano, grated (200 g)
- 7 ounces butter (200 g)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) milk (250 mL)
- 1 cup young peas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound durum wheat semolina penne, the best you can find (500 g)
Adapted from cookingwithrosie.blogspot.com
In a large stock pot, bring salted water to a boil, but don't add the pasta until the sauce is done.
In a large frying pan, saute cubed salmon in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until cooked through (but do not overcook). Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Either in the same frying pan or in another large one, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute onion over medium heat until wilted and transparent.
Add cream cheese, grano padano, butter and milk. Occasionally stir until ingredients are well blended together. Add sauted salmon, peas and parsley. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
Add penne to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta and sauce together, then serve immediately.
NOTE: You might not use all the sauce. The remainder of the sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for several days in an air tight container. When reheating, add a bit of milk to make it creamy again.
You'll also love
- Kentucky Sour Cream Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Milanese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Taste of Texas Shrimp and Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Perfect Shrimp Souffle with Shrimp... 3.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Macaroni And Swiss Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Wasabi Crusted Fish with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Panko Crusted Oven Fried Haddock 0/5 (0 Votes)