Macaroni And Swiss Cheese
This sounds like it has potential. A restaurant near me, The Woodland, serves a gourmet Mac and Cheese with Swiss.
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced prosciutto - (2 oz)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
Cook the macaroni in plenty of salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and cool.
Mix together the prosciutto, cream, milk, Parmesan and nutmeg. Add the macaroni and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon into a 11- by 7 1/2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle grated Swiss cheese over the top.
Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. For a crustier top, place the dish under a broiler for a few minutes.
You'll also love
- Turkey Burgers with Mushrooms and... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Linguine with Clam Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Wasabi Crusted Fish with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sliceable Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swiss cheese Mushroom Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe