Queso Smothered Chicken
Grilled Tex-Mex chicken smothered in queso and served over a well seasoned southwestern orzo. Yum-ilicious!
- 1 bottle Lawry’s Baja Chipotle 30 minute marinade (or Mesquite)
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless , pounded to an even thickness
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning or chili powder
- 8 ounces Velveeta, diced
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
Pour Baja Chipotle Marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight. When ready, grill chicken until done (165 degrees).
While the chicken is grilling prepare the orzo.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add orzo. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Stir in Southwestern Seasoning or chili powder, tomato paste and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Combine Ro-tel and Velveeta in a medium bowl. Heat on HIGH in the microwave in 30 second intervals until cheese is melted.
To assemble the Queso Smothered Chicken – place 1/4 of the orzo on a plate, top with grilled chicken. Pour 3-4 tablespoons cheese dip over chicken and orzo.
You'll also love
- Cider Glazed Boneless Pork Loin... 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Cajun Cafe's Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Dijon 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Country Club Chicken 4.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Spicy Szechuan Chicken with Noodles 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Basil Cream Chicken 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks 4.5/5 (39 Votes)