Spicy Szechuan Chicken with Noodles
8 points per serving
- 3 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut on diagonal into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken in thirds and cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Combine chicken and cornstarch in large zip-close plastic bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Shake until chicken is coated evenly.
Heat wok or large deep nonstick skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles in pan. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat wok. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds; transfer to plate.
Remove wok from heat; wipe clean with wet paper towel to remove any cornstarch. Set wok over high heat and add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add broccoli slaw and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add scallions and pepper flakes; stir-fry 2 minutes.
Return chicken to wok along with spaghetti; stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; stir-fry until mixed well, about 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
**Add 1 diced red or orange bell pepper to the skillet along with the broccoli slaw in step 3. If you desire.
PER SERVING (1 3/4 cups): 324 Cal, 8 g Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 59 mg Choi, 347 mg Sod, 36 g Carb, 4 g Sugar, 7 g Fib, 30 g Prot, 95 mg Calc.