Fish, Tomato, Avocado And Basil Beurre Blanc
- BASIL BUERRE BLANC:
- 8 skinless fish fillets, abt 1/2" thk - (3 to 4 oz ea)
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Lemon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large just-ripe avocados peeled, seeded, and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2 large tomatoes sliced 1/4" thick (see comments about tomatoes below)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons shallot minced (or the white part of a green onion)
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
To make the sauce, bring the wine, shallot and lemon juice to a boil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce liquid to 1/4 cup. Strain out shallots.
Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and basil until butter is melted and sauce is smooth. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Do not bring to a boil again.
If you need to rewarm to sauce, do so over very low heat while gently whisking until warm, not hot. If it gets too hot, it will separate and look bad.
Season the fish on both sides with Lawry's Lemon Pepper. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly brown fish on both sides and then add the white wine to pan. Cook for a few minutes more.
When you slice the avocado, sprinkle the lemon juice over so that the slices will not brown.
To serve, place a piece of fish on the plate, top with sliced avocado and then tomato. Repeat layer. Drizzle sauce over fish, avocado and tomato.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Obviously, this recipe is better when the tomatoes are homegrown, not the ones in the stores. If your tomatoes are store-bought, slice them and then sprinkle a little bit of salt, a pinch of sugar and a splash of balsamic or white wine vinegar on them and let them sit for 15 minutes before assembling the dish. You'll be amazed at how much better they taste.
I've allowed half an avocado per person. I like avocado. If you don't like avocado, you should pick a different recipe anyway.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)