Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
This spicy snack / appetizer can be served cold or warm as pictured. Delicious served on celery sticks or crisp, stone ground wheat crackers.
- 1 (12.5-ounce) can Tyson chunk white chicken (or about 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (reduced-fat is ok)
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese or Ranch bottled salad dressing, or combination (I used blue cheese)
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup bottled Frank's RedHot sauce, or to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack-Cheddar blend (I used 1-1/2 cups cheddar)
- Assorted crackers, French bread baguette slices, pita chips, or celery sticks for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Drain canned chicken in a colander and rinse well under cold water. Blot dry on paper towels and break up any large chunks. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, salad dressing, garlic salt, and black pepper until smooth and creamy. Beat in the hot sauce. Beat in the shredded cheese for just a few seconds to reduce the size of the shreds but leaving it a bit chunky.
Using a spatula, gently fold in the chicken. To serve cold, refrigerate until serving time. To serve hot, pour mixture into a 1-qt baking dish and heat for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 350°F. oven. Makes about 2 cups.
Serve with assorted crackers, French bread baguette slices, pita chips, or celery sticks. (I like celery sticks or Monet brand Stone-Ground Wheat Crackers from the dollar store!)
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon, Pineapple, Chicken Kabobs 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Irish Cream Cake Pops 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball 4.1/5 (36 Votes)