Crab Cakes with Imperial Sauce
The family will love these Crab Cakes with Imperial Sauce. The added Saltine cracker crumbs make a nice crust and the mayonnaise based sauce is perfect complement to the sweet crab.
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 1/4 cups Saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
- 4 scallions , minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
If you can find it, buy fresh lump crabmeat for the crab cake. You'll need 1 sleeve of saltines here; crush them until most have turned to dust, leaving a few pieces no bigger than a pebble.
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and Old Bay in large bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for serving.
Fold crabmeat, saltines, and scallions into remaining sauce until combined. Form crabmeat mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add 4 crab cakes and cook until golden brown, 21/2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and crab cakes. Serve with reserved sauce.
You'll also love
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West... 3.9/5 (283 Votes)
- Strawberry Jello Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Original Sea Island Shrimp Jr... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SPICY CARIBBEAN CRAB CAKES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Good Honey Garlic Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab with Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Brittany House Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Mushroom, Lentil, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)