Roasted Mushroom, Lentil, and Walnut Pâté
Filled with the vibrant flavors of cremini mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, shallots, and rich walnuts, Roasted Mushroom, Lentil, and Walnut Pâté is the perfect party appetizer for vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike. Pair with a variety of dip-able chips, veggies, and the red or white wine of your choice for an elegant cocktail party starter that is sure to please all of your guests.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- baked tortilla chips or pita bread to serve
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine water and lentils in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in a bowl. Place mushroom mixture on a jelly-roll pan, and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
Combine lentils, mushroom mixture, 2 tablespoons vinegar, walnuts, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Serve with baked tortilla chips or pita bread, if desired.
You'll also love
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 3.9/5 (1630 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.2/5 (1265 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (2423 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.3/5 (810 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup for Weight... 4/5 (407 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Wontons 4.4/5 (221 Votes)
- 7-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Vegetarian: Baked Portobello... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)