Tomato Risotto w/ Portabella Mushrooms
- 2 T butter
- 1 C Arborio or short grain rice
- 1 t minced garlic
- 2 Large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 t dried basil
- 4 C vegetable stock or reduced-sodium broth, warmed
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1/3 C white wine
- 1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes, drained and minced
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 4 small portabella mushrooms
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in rice, garlic & shallots. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft; stir in basil. Reduce heat to low and stir in stock, 2/3 C at a time, cooking and stirring until stock is absorbed before adding more to skillet.
Stir in tomato sauce, wine and sun dried tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until excess liquid has cooked off and rice is thick; stir in parmesan.
Meanwhile, while rice is cooking, grill or broil mushrooms.
Place spoonfuls of risotto inside each mushroom and sprinkle with additional parmesan, if desired.