HG Nutty Caramel-Coated Sticky Buns
I'm so glad I gave this recipe a try, it's amazing! At only 3 points per servings you can go ahead and have two!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tablespoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet (or HG Alternative!)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free or light caramel dip (like the kinds by Marzetti)
- 2 tablespoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, not packed
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
To make filling, combine brown sugar with butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds, or until butter has mostly melted. Mix in cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
Lay dough on a dry surface with the short sides on the left and right and the long sides on the top and bottom. Roll or stretch out dough into a large rectangle of even thickness. Evenly spread filling onto dough, leaving a 1-inch border around all edges.
Tightly roll up dough from the bottom, forming a log. Pinch the long seam to seal. Gently turn so the seam side is down. Cut log widthwise into 8 equally sized buns. Place a bun in each of the 8 sprayed muffin cups, spiral side up. Set aside.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine all topping ingredients except pecans. Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until butter has mostly melted. Add pecans and mix well. Evenly distribute topping among buns, about 1 tablespoon each.
Bake in the oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Let cool slightly. Gently remove buns from pan while still warm. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 bun (1/8th of recipe)
PointsPlus® value 5
You'll also love
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Quiche 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot & Ginger Soup 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Herbed Pork Loin Roast 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Applesauce Overnight Oats 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Buttermilk Pancakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)