Fiesta Black Beans and Rice
Fiesta black beans and rice and can be eaten alone or as the filling in burritos, wraps, or nachos. It also pairs well with a garden salad.
Makes four to six servings. Total cost per serving: Approximately $0.71.
Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked (non-instant) white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 cups cooked beans or 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
Adapted from moneycrashers.com
1.In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until soft, about four minutes.
2.Add the rice and cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly, so as not to burn.
3.Add the water, spices, beans, corn, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
4.Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Creole 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cake Mix Banana Cookies 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken and White Bean Stuffed... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Broccoli with Chili Peppers,... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe