Bacon Deviled Eggs
Get your breakfast meal anytime of the day with these Bacon Deviled Eggs. These are a great appetizer.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, if needed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped scallions, plus more scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place eggs in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely, about 10 minutes; peel. Halve lengthwise and remove yolks.
Coarsely chop bacon. Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels. Strain drippings through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Add melted butter if needed to measure 2 tablespoons.
Finely mash reserved yolks, bacon fat (and/or butter), mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped scallions in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Transfer to a large resealable freezer bag, then cut 1/2-inch off 1 corner. Pipe into whites; garnish with thinly sliced scallions and reserved bacon.
Skip the bacon if you like and substitute 2 tablespoons melted butter instead.
You'll also love
- Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Bars... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Steak with Onions and... 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Maple Sausage French Toast Bake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Spiked Fruit Salad 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
- Crock Pot Kielbasa Bites 4/5 (24 Votes)
- "Best Ever" Guacamole recipe from... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Skillet Barbecued Pork Chops 4/5 (35 Votes)
- APPLE CRANBERRY BACON CANDIED... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe