Spinach, Mushroom, And Artichoke Casserole
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound button mushrooms wiped clean, and sliced
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz ea) thawed, squeezed dry
- 2 cans artichoke hearts - (14 oz ea) drained, quartered
- 1 container ricotta - (15 oz)
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter and set aside.
In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until they give up their liquid, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, mushroom mixture, ricotta, jack, and feta, and toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, nutmeg, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add to the spinach mixture. Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Transfer to the prepared dish and top with a layer of Parmesan. Bake until the casserole is firm and the top is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Three Cheese Hot Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (134 Votes)