Simple Summer Corn and Endive Salad
Grilled corn, endive, red onion, feta, and spices combine to make this simple summer corn and endive salad. It's perfect for backyard grill-outs or an easy, fresh dinner salad.
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat a grill.
Shuck the corn and cut the endive heads in half lengthwise. Add the corn and endive to a baking sheet or cutting board, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the corn and endive to the grill and cook until lightly charred on all sides, about 3 minutes for the endive and 5 minutes for the corn.
Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
Once cooked, remove the corn and endive from the grill. Slice the endive crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Cut the kernels off the cobs and discard the cobs. Add the kernels to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust, if needed. Serve warm or room temperature.
You'll also love
- Big Daddy's Grilled Blue... 3.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Lace Cornbread 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Birthday Batter Cheesecake Dip... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Risotto Slow-Cooker Sausage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Endive Salad with Isabel Tuna 4/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe