Vodka And Citrus Cured Salmon
- 1 salmon fillet with skin - (2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup lemon-flavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
Remove any tiny pin bones from the salmon with a pair of needle nose pliers or tweezers. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry. Place salmon, skin-side down, on several large sheets of plastic wrap.
In a small mixing bowl, combine salt, sugar, dill, vodka and lemon, lime and orange zests. Spread the sugar/salt/citrus mixture evenly over the fleshy side of the fish, pressing it into the flesh. Wrap the salmon tightly in the plastic wrap and place skin-side down in a large baking dish. Place a flat glass or ceramic dish on top of the salmon and weight the dish with several heavy cans or a brick and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
Unwrap the salmon and rinse all of the cure off under cold, running water. Pat dry and slice diagonally into paper-thin slices.
This recipe yields 24 servings as an hors d'oeuvre.
You'll also love
- Tomato And Fresh Cheese Curd Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Leg Of Venison With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Dumplings With Asian Slaw... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb And Apple Pie With Walnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portuguese Influenced Scrambled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ontario Lamb Loin With Saskatoon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Open-Faced Corn Cake And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lomi Lomi Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)