Warm Hearts Of Palm And Crabmeat Salad With Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered wasabi
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat picked over for shells
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans hearts of palm - (14 oz ea), drained, and dried on paper towels
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl whisk together the rice wine vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, wasabi and crushed red pepper. Add the avocado and crabmeat and stir gently to combine.
Sift the flour into a small shallow bowl. Roll the hearts of palm in the flour and lightly coat. Heat the oil in a small skillet and when hot but not smoking, saute hearts of palm until crispy and golden brown, turning occasionally with tongs to ensure even browning, about 6 minutes. Remove the hearts of palm from the skillet and cut on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Divide the slices between 6 salad plates and decoratively arrange. Top each arrangement of hearts of palm with a portion of the crabmeat and avocado salad, spooning some of the vinaigrette over the slices of hearts of palm and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Vodka Cured Red Snapper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Scallopine With Madeira And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Tamales With Raisins And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Mandarin Orange Salad,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sopa De Platanos With Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soft-Shelled Crab Hand Roll 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke, Brie And Crabmeat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocados Stuffed With Truffled... 0/5 (0 Votes)