Avocados Stuffed With Truffled Lobster Salad
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 lobsters - (1 1/2 to 2 lbs ea)
- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon shaved fresh truffle
- 8 chives
In a large, heavy pot, bring 2 gallons of water, the bay leaves, onions, 1 teaspoon of salt, and peppercorns to a boil. Add the lobsters to the water and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the lobsters with tongs to a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain and let cool.
When lobsters are cool enough to handle, break off claws at body of each lobster. Crack claws and remove meat. Reserve some claw meat, covered and chilled, for garnish, if desired, and cut remainder into bite-size pieces.
Twist tails off lobster bodies and discard bodies. With kitchen shears remove thin hard membrane from underside of each tail by cutting just inside outer edge of shell. Remove meat from each tail and cut into bite-size pieces. Spread the claw and tail meat on a plate and place in the refrigerator to cool, about 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl lightly dress the mesclun greens with the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide the mixture among 4 salad plates. Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds and skins. Place 1/2 an avocado on each salad plate.
Transfer the lobster meat to a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, truffle oil, shallots, chervil, truffle and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and toss lightly to just combine.
Divide the lobster salad among the 4 avocado halves, and garnish with chives. Serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Veal Forcemeat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wicked Peach Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes With Red Beet And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Puerto Nuevo-Style Lobster Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)