Spaghetti Squash Jam
- 2 pounds spaghetti squash
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Break the squash on the ground. Wash the squash pieces and remove the seeds from the center, using your hands. Place the squash pieces in the boiling water and cook until the skin comes apart.
Remove from the water and place in an ice bath. Using your hands, separate the skin from the flesh and discard any seeds. Remove the flesh and place in shallow bowl. Again with your fingers, separate the flesh into threads. Rinse the threads under cool water and drain well.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is thick. Add the squash and continue to cook until the entire mixture is thick and most of liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl and cool completely.
This recipe yields 1 1/2 cups.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic... 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Herbs 4.4/5 (69 Votes)