Julia Child's Shrimp or Lobster or Crab Quiche
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked fresh shrimp or 1 cup cooked canned shrimp, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 inches partially cooked pastry shells
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook the shallots or onions in the butter for 1-2 minutes over moderate heat until tender, but not browned.
Add shellfish meat and stir gently for 2 minutes. Sprinkle on 1/4 tsp of salt and a pinch of pepper.
Add wine, raise heat and boil for a minute. Allow to cool slightly.
Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with the cream, tomato paste, and remaining seasonings. Gradually blend in the shellfish and taste for seasoning.
Pour mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle the cheese over it.
Bake in upper third of preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until quiche has puffed and browned.
You'll also love
- Pork with Figs and Farro 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- NaNa Wanda’s Chili with Corn... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Parmesan – Mayonnaise Crusted Cod 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Whiskey Shrimp 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Caesar Shrimp and Pasta 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tavern on the Green's Maine... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab Salad Stuffed Potato Skins 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lobster Rolls 4.7/5 (3 Votes)